The Fermentator is Blichmann Engineering's state-of-the-art line of stainless steel conical fermentors. It truly is a brewery quality piece of equipment, but made with the homebrewer in mind. This 27 gallon total capacity NPT-fitted Fermenator is built from 304 stainless steel, and features standardized 1/2" NPT threads, which are very versatile and will accept any 1/2" NPT fitting. A main selling point of the Blichmann Fermenators versus other brand stainless steel conicals, is their weldless interior fittings. In fact, Blichmann Fermenators are the only interior weld-free fermentors on the market today! These weldless fittings are free of welding ripples which can harbor bacteria and wild yeast, lending to unsurpassed sanitation and ultimately, better beer!
Perfect for: Up to 21 gallon finished batch sizes of beer, wine, cider, or any other fermented beverage!
- Easy to clean weldless fittings, which are fully removeable from the fermentor. Removable fittings can be taken off and taken apart in order to be fully cleaned and sanitized. You could even autoclave these parts if you so desired! Easy, effective cleaning ensures a lowered chance of bacterial infection and a longer life for the fermentor.
- 304 Stainless Steel construction
- The stainless steel design is perfect for cleaning and sanitation! Get the sanitary edge on scratchable plastics and breakable glass.
- Bottom dump valve where trub can be dumped or your yeast harvested; something that is impossible with traditional homebrew equipment.
- A rotating racking arm that not only allows you take gravity samples, but also helps you to cleanly and efficiently transfer your beer into kegs or bottling equipment. The arm can be rotated with the flow of the liquid, allowing you to avoid drawing unwanted hops during racking.
- A pressurizable fermentor body allows for CO2 to create a pumping effect, allowing beer to be racked up to six feet above the fermentors into kegs. Never use an auto-siphon again!
- Convenient lid hatch on the top allows for ease of access to beer for adding dry hops, oak, or other flavoring agents, as well as pitching yeast.
- Excellent for wine fermentation too! The Fermenator is superior to many variable capacity fermentors available to home vintners due to its seals and its quality of being completely impervious to oxygen. While variable capacity fermentors rely on a tube and bicycle pump design for secondary fermentation which can lose pressure over time, Blichmann's patented design keeps fermenting wine free of oxygen and the possibility of bacterial contaminants.
- Bolted leg construction ensures sturdiness, even when full of your delicious beer!
- A beaded seal on the fermentor lid ensures an extra layer of protection from depressurization, creating a superior seal on the fermentor body.
- Folding handles allow easy movement of empty fermentors.
- Ultra low-profile design allows the Fermenator to sit easily into home refrigerators and freezers for fermentation temperature control, thus saving hundreds or thousands of dollars on separate temperature control systems
- Leg pads ensure safe movement without scratching of equipment and surfaces