Elderflower Wine Recipe
from Alan Joellenbeck
- 3 pints elder flowers (stems removed)
- 3 gallons water
- 10 pounds sugar
- 2 pounds raisins
- Juice of 3 oranges
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 package wine yeast
- Wash and drain elderflowers and put in primary fermentor.
- Make a syrup of water and sugar, pour it hot over elderflowers, cover and allow to cool.
- Mix orange and lemon juice with the yeast, add the liquid, cover and let stand for 10 days.
- Strain and add the raisins.
- Cover and let stand for 4 months.
- Bottle the wine and store in a dark place for 6 months before drinking.